Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Cuing Katie

This is a blog about the things I am keen on...food/restaurants, cooking, crafts, photography, travel, fashion, dance, books, movies, home design, gluten free (sometimes), health and the list goes on. I wish I could focus on one thing but alas that is simply not me!

For a while now, I have been tossing around the idea of a blog. I have always loved reading others' opinions about "this and that" from blogs, websites, yelp, and magazine reviews, and I have always thought that I would like to do that too. However, several obstacles have prevented this idea from ever coming to fruition, namely TIME, that little thing called WORK (or as my friend calls it, "the 9 hour inconvenience") and insidious SELF-DOUBT. The last obstacle I tackled with this Voltaire quote, "The perfect is the enemy of good."  A wise mentor introduced me to this concept when she said, "Don't let great be the enemy of good." In other words, just because you can't do something perfectly, doesn't mean that you shouldn't try it at all. I hope that quote hits the same cord inside you as it does for me. I challenge you to write it on a sticky note and post it somewhere (I like the bathroom. Can't ignore it there!) to remind you regularly not to limit yourself.

So, here I am with no proper blog training behind me, no writing background or witty euphemisms, no hmtl coding...just a heart for sharing. My hope is that some of my curiosity rubs off on you, whether you live in Chicago or elsewhere, and inspires you to go out and explore, try something new and/or follow your bliss.

2 comments:

  1. Nice site Katie! I like the layout. Since I've been out of the Chicago scene for awhile, it'll be nice to check up here on updates once in awhile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ritchie! Hopefully you will have a list of must-hits the next time that you are in town! :)

    ReplyDelete