Pages

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

My Feet's Best Friend

Bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, I ventured out into our optimistic summer-like days of the past few weeks. The sun reflected off my ray-bans. The rays felt warm on my face. My arms were bare - good-bye cardigans! I was luxuriating in events like walking to my bank, local library, patisserie and dry cleaner. Are you feeling that everything was pristine and perfect in my world? Well everything...

Except for my FEET!

My flats were killing me. That slow death where the rubbing on the sides of my toes or heel {or both} eventually gets so bad that a blister forms. I can hear your head nodding. Or maybe the blister doesn't fully form, but it hurts like the dickens. So I gimp around, but not because I sprained anything. Commiserating with me ladies? So why do we hurt ourselves so? Let's just say, it's a girl's prerogative and answering the question isn't really relevant. {Or in all transparency, it's because our rationalization wouldn't appear rational.} So what does a girl do? Not wear your beloved shoes? Not buy those irresistible pumps? Well, that is just not a proper solution, says the shoe-loving part of my brain {the pedi lobe, if you will}.

This is where my feet's best friend comes into play - Band-Aid Friction Block.


Rubbing this heaven-sent product on, rescues my toes and heels and keeps me fashionably in my favorite spring and summer shoes. Sans pain. An illustration if you please. My adorable, Banana Republic flats tear up my feet so badly that I can barely traverse two blocks before wanting to rip them off. With my secret product, I spent an entire morning downtown on Michigan Avenue. Friction block is my feet's new best friend (and a constant fixture in my purse) and can be yours too!

Go buy it. Today. Prepare to be amazed and hooked!

Notes: Your local drugstore carries Band-Aid Friction Block. Vaseline also works but it's oilier.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Katie! Buying some on my way home tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! If I can help just one person, I've accomplished my goal :) Hope you like it as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete