Pages

Friday, November 22, 2013

Healthy Thanksgiving : Roasted Veggies

This is another attempt at convincing you that Thanksgiving does not have to be smothered in butter! Today I bring you possibly the easiest and tastiest Healthy Thanksgiving recipe ever. It can be made as a side dish, as an appetizer, or paired with a cheese and cracker platter. These roasted veggies are nuggets of caramelized deliciousness, ridiculously easy to make, and can be served at room temperature (no worries about cramming your oven the last hour before dinner). I've made it a million times (slight exaggeration) and every time it's a complete revelation (not an exaggeration) to my guests when I tell them the plain and simple truth.






Roasted Cauliflower & Broccoli

1 head of cauliflower 
2 heads of broccoli 
extra virgin olive oil (the good oil, the one that doesn't clog your arteries!)
kosher salt
ground pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
Cut cauliflower and broccoli. Cut cauliflower into smaller pieces as it takes longer to cook.
Line two sheet pans with tin foil for easy clean-up.
Put cauliflower in one pan and broccoli in the other. 
Drizzle with oil olive and sprinkle with salt & ground pepper.
Toss.
Bake for 15-20 minutes. I check them at the 15 minute mark and determine if they need tossing and a few more minutes of cooking. I like one side really caramelized so often I do not toss them at all.

Notes: using pre-cut broccoli & cauliflower can save more time. I make this weekly so I always have cooked veggies on hand for any meal :)



No comments:

Post a Comment