Pages

Monday, February 24, 2014

Peanut Butter!

I am having an all-out, adult love affair with peanut butter! Oddly enough, I couldn't say I was this passionate about it as a child when PB&J sandwiches were plentiful and commonplace. No matter the reason, I love peanut butter now. Although, I'm more into its iterations than the spoon out of the jar kind of thing. Without further ado, here are three spectacular variations that I have personally vetted for you in Chicago!

 Molly's Cupcakes
Peanut Butter Nutella Cupcake
This will knock your socks off! It has the chewy texture of a real peanut butter cookie and it's filled with nutella (um, yum!). I...seriously...need an intervention every week to hold me back from running over to Clark & Diversey to gorge on this. I find new friends to take here, I go by myself, I bring this cupcake to gatherings, I have my husband illegally park while I run in.
It's my favorite cupcake...EVER. It's a problem. I admit it.


 Pierrot Gourmet
Giant Peanut Butter & Jelly Macaron
 I love this macaron so much I've returned a couple times, just for this, even though the rest of the menu at this casual, European eatery is quite good too.


 Firecakes Donuts
  Peanut Butter Cup Donut
I wish there was a little more peanut butter in here, but overall this is a great little piece of peanut butter and chocolate heaven. And you don't need to feel so guilty, it is actually quite a petite donut.


Do you have a favorite peanut butter-oriented food in Chicago? Please do share!





No comments:

Post a Comment